Originally posted on February 3, 2017 @ 5:04 pm
DP Revision Instructions
- Make a list of all of the experiments and procedures mentioned in the DP guide. –make sure you know what these are and can describe them.
- Make a list of all of the calculations (including statistics) included in the DP guide.- make sure you know what these are and can use them.
- Make a list of the drawings required in the syllabus included in the DP guide.- make sure you know what these are practice drawing them.
- Make a plan (for however many weeks you have) of which topics and in what order you are going to revise, along with how many hours of review you will put in each week.
- Execute plan
- Complete past papers
- Start with open notes
- Progress to closed notes
- Progress to timed with closed notes
Active Revision tools
- Ofxord IB Biology Guide (thin orange textbook)
- Syllabus (AKA confusingly as the DP Guide)
- Use all the above to create shorter and shorter summary notes for each topic/sub-topic
Active Revision Strategies
- Brainstorming and reviewing against notes.
- Peer-2-Peer teaching and feedback.
- Thinking/Discussion about the course material that pertains to specific functions as you carry out those functions e.g. digestive system while you are eating.
- Word-Phrase-Sentence to help you summarise and re-summarise.
- Create voice memos on your phone for each subtopic and then listen to these on the train/bus/etc.
- Create mind maps and concept maps.