So I have moved over my DP biology resources to a new google site designed for delivering the course. You can view it here: goo.gl/iTQy2e
In my first school I worked with a colleague who made workbooks for her students, that were tailored to the 2009 syllabus. The kids loved them. At this time I was still working on a paper basis with large lever arch folders, and photocopying the exercises that I wanted to give to my students. To simplify my planning and preparation I thought it would be easier to copy my colleagues idea and collate all of my exercises into workbooks for each subtopic that I could simply print and hand out to my students. It took me a few years to develop these workbooks and then the syllabus changed.
For the first two years of the 2016 syllabus I worked on updating my existing workbooks to bring them in line with the new syllabus. By this point, I had moved school’s twice and had been exposed to quite a few different pedagogical approaches and philosophies, as well as different levels of technological tools with which to teach. It seemed the time had come to convert totally from paper to digital.
I share this website as a resource for other educators and their students but please be aware that, while I certainly welcome discussion, critique and comments, I have designed this website with the following purposes in mind:
- To consolidate my existing resources and methodology into one digital space.
- To structure the course that I currently teach to my own students into one place for my own students to access.
- To provide a structure to the exercises that I use in class. It is NOT intended to be another content heavy IB site
There are plenty of IB Biology content-driven resources out on the web, some of which are truly excellent. This is not intended to be such. Instead the aim is to provide structure and exercises to query and engage with content-driven resources, like website, video and textbooks.
If you wish to feedback please remember that in addition to creating this website I am:
- A full time teacher with other responsibilities in my professional life and a young family.
- Preparing this work, primarily for my own personal professional use.
- Making no claims that their are no mistakes in this website, please check carefully and if you feel so inclined drop me an email to let me know.
- Making no claims that the exercises, ideas and resources are entirely my own original work. Please see my acknowledgements page for details.
I am intending to follow this up with a google site dedicated to MYP Biology and another for guidance counseling. I will keep this blog purely for noting down my thoughts when and if they occur!